Senior Manager, Ad Operations
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Sr. Manager, Advertising Operations is an analytically inclined strategy driver and technical master with a passion for the Gaming and Entertainment space.
This is an incredible opportunity to shape the way PlayStation’s Network Advertising organisation measures and drives operational excellence and revenue growth. This role will be a global functional lead and continue to develop the core practice of the Network Advertising business through partnerships with client partners, client solutions and cross-departmental teams.
With proven understanding of the advertising industry, ad tech, and the gaming & entertainment industries, this role is responsible for driving the success of the Global AdOps Function and European AdOps team. Delivered through leading innovative approaches with data and technology, and building upon existing ways of collaborating across regional and global business units. This role will be in PlayStation’s London, UK office based on established SIE flexible work plans.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead a regional team responsible for tasks involved with ad campaign management; includes setup & trafficking, monitoring performance & delivery, reporting & analytics, optimisation, strategic planning, etc.
- Partner with other global leaders to advance the Network Advertising business, bring new innovative solutions, and create the organisational foundation for business growth.
- Collaborate with relevant cross-functional teams to achieve departmental goals, client goals, and raise awareness around critical business initiatives.
- Develop and refine the practices of the team to optimize campaigns towards client KPIs and drive revenue growth and retention of clients.
- Partner with Client Solutions and Client Partner managers to define and execute on campaign performance expectations and the data practices that support this work.
- Provide input to refine and develop product systems to maximise Network Advertising’s ability to exceed goals; revenue and client support.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to work within a highly collaborative, dynamic environment
- Leadership of global teams
- Manage teams of 6+ people, including remote management experience
- Experience interacting with advertisers, agencies, analysts and staff in high profile, business critical situations
- Proven ability to establish goals, set clear expectations, prioritise activities, and follow through with timely execution in a fluid, cross functional team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and analytical nature; metric driven behavior with a high degree of organisation
- Excited to keep up with the latest progress and trends in ad tech
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Prior experience utilising ad serving and data management systems: FreeWheel, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Snowflake, Adobe Anaytics, SSP/DSPs.
- Account management or client service experience
- Working knowledge of SQL, basic HTML (or other web languages), and ad tag construction
Required Academic & Work Experience:
- BA or BS degree in a marketing or analytical field
- Proven senior years of progressive experience in Advertising, AdTech or related
- Experience in advertising or digital media
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23