Senior Gameplay Engineer - Activities - Unannounced Project
Do you love playing games and thinking about the building blocks that make up great levels, missions, and player experiences? Do you enjoy collaborating closely with talented designers and artists? Would you like to help Bungie create their next enduring game Intellectual Property?
As a Senior Gameplay Systems Engineer at Bungie, you will work closely with designers to build, improve, and innovate on our Player vs. Environment and Player vs. Player game design toolkit. You will collaborate closely with a cross-disciplinary team to create the features that enable our team to craft immersive worlds. As part of a diverse company that prizes creativity, technical excellence, and work-life balance, you will work with a fun and inspirational team motivated to create the best games in the world.
- This position is full time in our offices in Bellevue & Seattle and we currently require all employees onsite to be fully vaccinated
- Build and maintain production-quality C++ code
- Design, build, extend, and maintain networked gameplay systems and associated tools and workflows
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to build new gameplay experiences
- Professional capabilities of architecting, writing, debugging, and maintaining code in C++
- Understand and develop technical systems on a broad spectrum of scope and complexity
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Can effectively communicate with fellow engineers to jointly plan, craft, and review code by building team consensus and alignment
- Experience deploying scripting languages as a designer tool
- Experience developing networked gameplay features
- Experience leading (direct management, mentoring or guiding) engineers
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23