Senior Gameplay Animator - VR
At Skydance Interactive, we believe in pushing the boundaries of what is possible in interactive entertainment. Innovation in game design, technology and storytelling is the passion that drives our agile studio of dedicated and talented game creators. Collaboration across all disciplines is vital to our success and is at the core of the inclusive culture we strive to foster every day.
We empower our employees to take ownership of the features they develop and create their own solutions when challenges arise. As our studio grows, we want to bring even more risk-takers, innovators and diverse voices along for the ride as we continue to create the games that will defy convention and define the future of the medium.
Our studio was founded in 2008 by several Treyarch veterans as The Workshop. For eight years, we built our reputation in the AAA console space working on hit titles such as Gears of War, XCom 2, Sorcery and The Evil Within.
In 2016, we joined forces with Skydance Media to form Skydance Interactive and set our sights on becoming the premiere studio in the burgeoning arena of Virtual Reality. Following the success of our first VR title Archangel, we elevated our ambition and tackled The Walking Dead universe in VR. The result was the 2018 genre-defining hit The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners.
With the success of the award winning multi-platform hit The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners, we are seeking a Senior Gameplay Animator for our upcoming next-generation VR game projects.
If you aspire to tell amazing stories through games with your artistic acumen, we’d love to hear from you. #Interactive
- Work with the Animation Team and Design Team to create in-game animations that are incredibly satisfying to play and exciting to watch.
- You’ll use a combination of keyframe and motion capture techniques to bring human and creature characters to life.
- Assist in implementing animations in Unreal, making sure that gameplay look and feel are kept at a high standard.
- Work with our technical artists and animators to define and improve our animation pipeline.
- Work in a collaborative environment where feedback is welcome.
- As a Senior, you’ll help motivate and mentor team members through your passion and exemplary work.
- A very strong sense of animation principles, acting, posing, timing, appeal, and body mechanics.
- Expert knowledge in creating high quality keyframe animation.
- Experience working with body and facial motion capture data, from clean up to manipulation.
- Expert knowledge of gameplay animation, from idles to locomotion sets; how it is applied to final in game look and feel.
- Excellent communication skills; identifying potential areas of risk and creating action plans to alleviate potential issues from occurring.
- Self-driven and motivated, you should have ownership of your animation from start to finish, meeting necessary deadlines.
- Highly proficient technically, in Maya and/or similar 3D software.
- Minimum of 5+ years of proven experience in game and or film industry.
- Experience with VR projects.
- Experience working with Unreal 4 and/or other game engines.
- Familiarity with motion capture using Xsens and related tools.
- Experience working with outsourcing.
The salary range for this position in Los Angeles is $110,000 – $125,000. The salary offered may vary based on the candidate’s location, qualifications, experience and relevant expertise, among other factors. The range indicated is for base salary only and does not reflect the total compensation package, including bonus, benefits, etc.
We realize that skills and expertise can come from many different experiences and paths, and we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements as written in the job description.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Location: Santa Monica, Los AngelesDate posted: 2023-01-23