Senior Gameplay Animator (Vanguard)
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is now looking for a Senior Gameplay Animator for an exciting new multiplayer game. For this role we can case-by-case consider remote working within Europe.
Do you want to create exciting and memorable gameplay experiences, crafting dynamic in-game animations for all our players to enjoy?
As a Gameplay Animator in our Vanguard team, you’ll have the chance to be a key influencer in creating something completely new, while help shaping the project from the very beginning.
You will create realistic character animations, working on a new GaaS multiplayer title as a part of a solid and experienced team.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you get to do
- In this role you will have the chance to bring the characters to life by creating and maintaining high quality animations.
- You will successfully collaborate with Programmers and Designers to enable fast prototyping workflow, secure animation quality, and make sure that the design guidelines are met.
- You will integrate animations into Unreal Engine while ensuring technical constraints are met.
- You will also collaborate with the project team, communicating effectively and proactively, so that the development process runs smoothly.
- You enjoy mentoring other team members, helping them to grow and improve their skills.
What you bring to the role
- You are an experienced Animator, having already worked in game development, with solid skills in keyframe animation (great sense of weight, timing and strong posing)
- You have a strong understanding of Motion Builder and mocap data editing techniques for games.
- You are able to craft appealing animations, having an excellent understanding of shape, composition and layout.
- You have experience using game engines (preferably Unreal) and hands-on experience working with state machine/blend tree solutions (knowledge of motion matching is a plus).
- You can give and receive constructive feedback when interacting with other team members, keeping the focus on making the best game possible.
- It's a plus if you have prior experience in creature animations, interest and understanding of F2P/GaaS, knowledge in scripting or programming languages
What is in it for you?
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable game experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and team-work, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country, with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your demo reel, CV (in English) and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01