Senior Game Designer (Creation Project)
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work?
Join The Game!
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie.
Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Waiting no more! Join us as Senior Game Designer in Gameloft Vietnam
While enforcing the expertise in our core gaming business, Gameloft doesn’t stay still, and has been moving swiftly with the trends. We works on various game sizes, game genres with many partners around the world. Gameloft Vietnam studios are trusted to develop these activities and are looking for talented Senior Game Designers to enforce and build our creation capacity.
Job holders will be part of our core team, and exert the following main responsibilities:
- Creating design documents that define the blueprint for the entire game, from the gameplay, the level design,… to the onboarding experience and the interface;
- Designing the mechanisms, the rules of the games, making sure that everything is balanced wisely;
- Collaborate with Game Economy Designer (GED) to ensure the game system follows the designs/level difficulty/ learning curve.
- Creating levels, missions, and other game aspects to create the best gaming experience for players, with creative, immersive, and addictive gameplay;
- Writing the game’s storyline, menu text, and narrative (if any);
- Creating wireframe.
- Following the full game development cycle to make sure the game design is fulfilled at expected quality and following the agreed planning;
- Checking game KPIs, spot game flaws and propose solutions to improve it.
- Providing proper support and guidance to other Game Designers to complete all ongoing and future prototypes/projects; organizing market updates, game reviews, initiatives to boost innovative ideas;
- Coaching, training, mentoring the assigned Game Designers to help them perform their assignments successfully, develop skills, driving them to the best commitment, work quality, and performance;
- Assisting Studio Lead Game Designer and Producers in all related-Game Design matters, within the scope of the assigned projects, or team/department; joining talent recruitment upon request.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following skillset:
- 3+ years of proven experience in a Game Designer role with at least 2 shipped games (in any platform); and previous experience with a highly successful casual/hyper-casual game title is a big plus;
- Strong understanding of the market and target audience in mobile gaming;
- Solid Game Designer, with proven expertise/knowledge of game mechanics, level design, game balancing, UI/UX, successful game business models, monetization psychology and strategy, game reward systems, retention strategy;
- Creative thinking skills and good storytelling ability to make new Gameplay and address a diversity of game design matters;
- Basic programming knowledge to understand easily the scripts;
- Experience and interest in coaching others on best practices and design execution;
- Open-minded and fast learner;
- Great teamwork, strong commitment, easy to adapt to a new environment, and ability to work under pressure with a tight deadline.
- Know about some popular game engines such as Unity.
- Fluent in English.
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What Else Can Gameloft Hanoi Offer You?
- 05 working days/ week: From Monday to Friday, applying flexible working time.
- Lunch Allowance: VND600,000/ month
- Health, Social and Unemployment Insurance (based on gross-based salary, according to Labor Code) and PTI Health Insurance
- Tet Bonus (13th month salary) and Project bonus (twice/ year)
- Annual salary review
- Leave entitlement: 29 days (12 days annual leave, 5 paid days sick leave, 01 company leave, 11 days public holiday)
- Teambuilding activities & Company events across the year.
- Sport Clubs (Gym, Soccer, Pingpong), PS4 Game corner, Game Online
- Free technical, soft skill, English and other language training courses (internal and external) for all employees.
- Oportunity to be trained and participate in at least 01 real game project with great titles such as Asphalt, Minion Rush, March of Empire, ...
- Opportunity to access international game making technology, with a huge knowledge base from Gameloft studios around the globe.
- Opportunities to work with a team of young, talented staff from countries around the world. A culture of relentless learning with free courses in specialized skills, soft skills, and English.
Note: Support for working VISA in Vietnam for Expat.
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV, cover letter, or portfolio (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
- Want to know more? Please visit our Website: http://gameloft-sea.com/
Location: Hanoi, VietnamDate posted: 2021-12-16