Senior FX Artist
Senior FX Artist
Ready At Dawn is looking for a Senior VFX Artist to join us in creating high profile original titles in VR, ranging from social and competitive multiplayer to character driven action and adventure single-player games.
The ideal candidate in this role is an experienced VFX Artist in games, with a balance of technical problem solving and artistic skill and a passion for all manner of VFX, from gameplay and combat driven systems, to environmental atmospherics and destruction. With a highly collaborative development culture at Ready At Dawn, experience at effectively working and communicating alongside a diverse team, across all departments and specialization, to solve ambitious visual, gameplay, and technical problems together, is extremely important for success in this role.
- Collaborate with the Art, Gameplay, Design, and Animation teams to develop in-game FX elements, from early look development and prototyping to final polished implementation
- Use our engine authoring toolset, Maya, Houdini, Substance, and various other supplemental FX authoring packages to create stunning VFX particles, systems, textures, and simulations
- Directly implement VFX content, including in-world placement and scripting of systemic / gameplay driven behaviors
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of our proprietary engine VFX systems, including particle effect authoring and scripting and sequencing tools and pipelines
- Experience as a VFX artist in games, using a real-time authoring toolset (ex: Unreal, Unity, etc)
- Experience with various supplemental 3D and VFX authoring packages (Maya, Houdini, Substance, etc)
- Portfolio that demonstrates a breadth of both technical and artistic execution of real-time VFX
- Passion for games and the future of Virtual Reality
Additional Skills (Pluses):
- Programming experience
- Scripting and/or visual scripting experience (Unreal’s Blueprints, etc.)
- Strong texturing and material skills
- Fluid simulation experience with Maya, Houdini or equivalent
- Any other game related art or design experience (animation, modeling, etc.)
Submitted demo reels must include samples of previous work and an exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted along with resume featuring references.
Please send samples of your work with your application.
Location: Irvine, CADate posted: 2021-12-11