Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, Game Servers & Hosting
At Multiplay (a division of Unity Technologies) we are re-inventing the way multiplayer games are built, launched and supported. We focus on providing innovative infrastructure solutions that ease the development and launch of online games. We proudly provide hybrid multi-cloud scaling technology and 24/7 live operations for some of the world’s biggest games. At our core, we are passionate about gaming, and keeping gamers online.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who shares our passion for games, hyper-scale automation and distributed systems. As a key member of the team, your role will include developing services, features and functionality within our platform that are highly-scalable, idempotent in nature, and resilient to failure. We are breaking new ground in our industry, why not come and join us!
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the development of new product features from design to implementation and improving our existing functionality across the full technology stack
- Produce high-quality code that supports existing and future functionality of the product
- Work to ensure high-quality delivery with unit and integration tests
- Supporting our platform following the “you build it, you maintain it” mentality alongside your fellow engineers, and cultivate/champion improvements to our services
- Operate and lead initiatives within a distributed team and collaborate with colleagues both local and remote
What we’re looking for
- Prior commercial software development experience - we use Golang mainly, and we will cross-train capable candidates with experience in other strongly typed languages
- Ability to clearly communicate your ideas and solutions and discuss them with the team
- Ability to design and reason about services in a distributed system, including communication patterns, data protocols and reliability
- Excellent project management skills
- Quality first mentality and approach
You might also have
- Experience working within an Agile environment (SCRUM/Kanban/XP)
- Leadership qualities, understanding and expertise
- Exposure to distributed systems development
- An understanding of container and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes or Nomad
- Working experience with at least one of the three major cloud providers
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Southampton, United KingdomDate posted: 2022-01-20