Senior Environment Artist
Unity’s Demo team is responsible for creating real-time projects (cinematics and interactive) intended to represent the highest level of quality that can be achieved with the Unity real-time 3D platform with a special attention to graphics. The team’s projects include award-winning short films such as: The Heretic (2019), Book of the Dead (2018) and Adam (2016).
As a small team consisting primarily of senior artists and developers, the Demo team works under creative autonomy within Unity and is led by the vision and strategy of Creative Director Veselin Efremov. The team uses the latest in Unity’s technology development and research, opening up the boundaries on what the Unity engine is capable of.
We are looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join our growing team and drive innovation for cinematic or other visual effects applications.
What you’ll be doing
- Creatively interpret concept art and references, follow creative direction and contribute their own ideas to build beautiful, convincing high-fidelity environments that support and elevate the storytelling aspects of our content production
- Collaborate with technical teams to inform and validate new technologies and pipelines as they are being developed
- Maintain a clean and structured project space which can be easily made available to other teams and external users
- Participate in the ongoing updates and maintenance of the projects
- Share the knowledge accumulated through production with the wider Unity community through presentations, articles and making-of materials
What we’re looking for
- Expertise in building photorealistic environments for Film or VFX productions from start to finish, including modelling, texturing, and look development, where needed
- An understanding of both natural and human-made environments, exteriors and interiors
- A passion for excellence, a critical artistic eye, and keen attention to detail
- Efficient time management skills: you prioritize your work with an eye on the big picture, and you allocate your effort where it is most needed for creating the highest impact
- Enthusiasm for early adoption of new technologies, tools, workflows, and techniques that can boost your efficiency or the quality of your output
- Strong communication skills and are able to work efficiently within a remote setup
You might also have
- Prior experience working in a real-time environment
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Stockholm, SwedenDate posted: 2022-01-20