PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Senior Software Engineer (Automation & CI/CD)
Future Technology Group (FTG) are PlayStation’s technology experts. We research and develop innovative technologies that push the boundaries of play, helping game developers make the best games on PlayStation by creating a world class SDK. Part of FTG is the Connected Content Group, based in London, whose function is prototype exploration & validation.
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, you will play a leading role in applying automation and continuous integration practices to a wide range of technology exploration: proof-of-concept, game development, system library and machine learning models.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with the team to identify processes that would benefit from automation and implement them.
- Defining and implementing CI/CD processes within a diverse range of projects.
- Championing the adoption of CI/CD practices within the team.
- Working with infrastructure teams to leverage automation & CI/CD technology available within the organisation.
What we are looking for:
This is a mid-level to senior role, but open to consider less experienced candidates that can demonstrate the below skills with a portfolio/github repo. You’ll need to be passionate about video games and software design, and you’ll need to have some (not all) of the following:
- Experience with architecting scalable, robust and observable solutions for automation tasks (e.g. deployments).
- Familiarity with source control systems (e.g. git, Perforce).
- Familiarity with the AWS cloud platform (or other major provider).
- Knowledge of a range of automation systems (e.g. Jenkins).
- Deep analytical thinking and root cause analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills - can derive a deep understanding of problems and clearly articulate and document proposed solutions.
- Work independently with limited supervision.
- Be proactive in identifying and addressing issues and opportunities arising in the course of duties,
- Be curious and willing to challenge the status-quo.
Nice to have:
- Deep understanding of source control systems and workflows.
- Extensive tools programming experience.
- Familiarity with game engine technologies (e.g. Unreal, Unity).
- Familiarity with console title development and publishing processes.
- Familiarity with container and microservice systems (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Familiarity with the Node ecosystem.
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams.
Benefits of working in the Future Technology Group:
- Opportunities to participate in global hackathons
- Opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills by learning about the latest techniques in a team of experts with a wealth of industry experience
- Relaxed working environment with high level of trust and autonomy. All staff are encouraged to express their views and challenge the status quo
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23