Senior Director, Publishing Creative Studios
Bungie’s Publishing Organization is looking for an experienced senior leader to consolidate, adapt, and lead our talented Creative Studios teams at a studio that values work-life balance and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee. This Senior Director role will work with the Chief Marketing Officer, a team of deeply experienced leaders in the Office of Publishing, and our craft experts to build and implement the strategy, objectives, processes, and expertise required to meet the needs of Bungie as we expand our team and capabilities in support of multiple entertainment franchises.
Success in this role will require experience leading and managing the teams required to facilitate and deliver world-class content across the full spectrum of publishing operations.
- Build and support a best-in-class Creative Studios division by retaining and attracting the best talent and developing robust internal agency capabilities
- Deliver the organizational vision, strategy, and planning process to guide the successful daily operation of our Publishing Creative Studios teams in support of Bungie’s growing brand and multimedia needs
- Manage the Senior Leaders of Creative Studios, focusing on craft expertise, resources, and capabilities
- Support, develop, and grow all members of the team through ownership of Job Profiles and Career growth plans
- Design and adapt our creative services functions and model to meet the needs of our studio’s multi-franchise Games as a Service aspirations, partnering with production on our intake and planning processes, and leveraging integrated talent, vendors, and agencies to deliver content for a multitude of stakeholders.
- Establish a process that enhances Publishing’s ability to generate high quality multimedia content for a growing list of stakeholders across the entire customer journey – from brand architecting through to branded consumer communications
- Actively build partnerships with publishing’s senior leaders, business unit owners, and agencies to deliver the quality and quantity of creative outputs required for success
- Collaborate with Publishing production to establish systems and processes that improve our ability to track projects, ensuring scope, prioritization, and workload balancing are accounted for
- Partner with Publishing’s Operations teams, the People Team, and Finance to lead the operational planning, own and execute budgets, and provide quarterly status reviews on behalf of your teams
- Experience leading highly motivated, multi-functional creative teams in the games or entertainment industry
- Experience developing and effectively leveraging agency relationships for AAA entertainment
- Experience with both high-quality multimedia production for AAA brands and extensible art services organizations
- Ability and desire to explore a wide variety of methods, processes, technologies, and innovations to push Publishing’s state-of-the-art forward in service of our goals
- Ability to foster a healthy and collaborative team environment
- Expert communication skills and a positive, professional, collaborative attitude
- Experience working on a live game ("game as a service") preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, graphic design, visual communications, or related fields/equivalent experience
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23