Senior Director, HR Employee Services
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
HR Sr. Director, Employee Services – SIE Americas
San Mateo, CA
We are looking for a Senior Director to build, lead and direct the HR Employee Services Team. This leader will define the strategy for providing best-in-class employee experience, construct and meet service level agreements, and drive operational performance metrics throughout the full scope of HR Employee Services at SIE. The right candidate will also be responsible for the execution of HR Employee Service program initiatives, facilitate HR global alignment, and collaborate with all HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) to deliver valuable service and an engaging experience for our employees. The ideal candidate will have experience sustaining performance during times of change, embracing diversity to create an environment of trust and respect for differences and establishing work objectives that align with business strategy.
- Responsible for overall strategic vision of the HR Employee Services team. Partners with other HR functions and Centers of Expertise (COEs) to develop operational support best practices and opportunities for improvement.
- Leads Employee Services support for Onboarding, Payroll, Benefits, HR Compliance/policies and Employee Relations. Build strong partnerships with the Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, DEI and Talent Enablement & Learning COE's to operationalize their process design.
- Partners with HRBPs to deliver efficient and effective day-to-day HR support and to continuously improve the employee experience
- Analyses various productivity and performance metrics to ensure that the HR Employee Services team meets or exceeds established standards and SLAs, especially during critical activity periods
- Organizes and facilitates ongoing development, evaluation/testing, and maintenance of processes and documentation (e.g., Tier 0 Knowledge Base, Employee Services scripts, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions), working with the HR operations team for strategic guidance and support. Continually drives documentation to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes.
- Provides guidance, training and escalation support to Employee Services team for all new or revised policies and processes.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in EMEA and APAC to facilitate alignment of SIE HR processes, including Studios and various employee classifications.
- Manages budget and execution for HR Employee Services including efficient delivery of services by measuring utilization and adherence to workflow procedures and assignments.
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field or equivalent
- 10+ years leadership experience in Shared Services operations, managing direct and indirect reports. Experience with accountability for a variety of support functions (e.g., facilities, security, payroll)
- Ability to model customer-focused vision, strategy and leadership that exceeds employee expectations. Experience leading against SLAs and operational performance metrics.
- Experience working closely with senior leadership (VP and above)
- Demonstrated ability leading an engaged an inspired workforce
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish trust and credibility
- Excellent program facilitation skills
- Knowledge of HR laws and federal and state regulations
- High level of initiative and responsiveness with an aim to quickly resolve problems
- Strong Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Experience using Workday and other HR platforms
- Global Shared Services experience
- Previous experience in the games or entertainment industry
- Previous experience working with creative teams
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23