Senior Director, Engineering
At Unity Technologies, we believe that the world is a better place with more creators. The Unity Engine is a best-in-class platform for a variety of different interactive media experiences, ranging from console and phone games, to Hollywood film CGI, to ground breaking AR/VR interactive experiences and industrial simulation.
Unity is looking for a Senior Director, Engineering to lead the technical strategy and tactical delivery of a new and exciting initiative! In this role, you must possess executive leadership skills in combination with a deep technical understanding of Unity development and building and operating high-scale live services. You will also lead and grow the next set of Unity’s engineering leaders and individual contributors while forming a high-velocity engineering organization.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate across Unity’s departments and with strategic partners to lead technical strategy and ensure solution reuse and leverage and to eliminate solution redundancy
- Work closely with product development and commercial teams to understand and define resourcing needs and business priorities
- Create an environment of transparency and accountability at all engineering levels with clear goals and measured outcomes; hold product management accountable to similar standards
- Working collaboratively across teams, define the system architecture and help create high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality and integration with existing systems/platforms
- Hire, lead, and grow a new, world-class engineering organization; instill excellent development practices and great execution with on-time delivery of commitments
What we’re looking for
- Extensive understanding of Unity system development
- Experience with microservice & API based architectures operating at a high-scale
- Experience with web frameworks such as React & Angular; backend technologies such as node.js
- Experience operating a live product with a large, globally distributed customer base
- Experience working with a globally distributed organization
- Managing and growing teams larger than 30 engineers and technical leaders
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Burbank, CA, USADate posted: 2022-01-20