Senior Director, Engineering - Foundation
At Unity Technologies, we believe that the world is a better place with more creators! The Unity Engine is a best-in-class platform for a variety of different interactive media experiences, ranging from console and phone games, to Hollywood film CGI, to ground breaking AR/VR interactive experiences and industrial simulation. As content becomes more interactive, dynamic, and real-time 3D there is a growing need for a technology stack accessible for all that can create seamless operations for content developers to service their players.
Unity Foundation Engineering is a group of engineering teams that are responsible for the very foundation of Unity’s products. These teams are our fundamentals, our need to haves and it’s far-reaching and complex stuff! This role will be responsible for leading a number of highly effective engineering teams and helping them grow and deliver as we continue to scale and branch out into ever wider scope.
As a successful Senior Director in Foundation Engineering, you will have the ability to impact strategic plans, projects, our product, our users' happiness, and our employee satisfaction. In your everyday work, you will make critical decisions that cut across multiple teams, iterate on ideas with a wide range of partners, work with multiple feedback channels, and consistently learn.
As a leader, you are there to serve your team and help cultivate talent, deliver team results, and collaborate across teams.What you’ll be doing
- Reporting directly to the VP Foundation, this person will manage a team of Engineering Directors, Senior Managers, and Managers across Foundation Engineering, particularly representing AMER groupings
- Be part of a cross-functional leadership team and influence executive leadership in the long-term growth plan of Foundation and Core Engineering
- Actively manage contribution towards the Foundation Engineering leadership through smart strategies and decisions on aspects such as prioritization, headcount and resource allocation.
- Through your leadership team, drive the engineering vision, design, and development processes to establish a customer-first development culture and take quality to the next level
- Extensive experience in engineering leadership roles managing multiple teams
- Extensive experience in managing an org with highly technical people managers
- Leadership presence to hire and encourage key leadership talents within an engineering management group
- Broad detail-minded thinking, capable of autonomously deciding and issuing engineering directions in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable in Executive presentations and stakeholder management
- Able to foster distraction free execution through calm, clear and thorough leadership of teams
- Excellent cross-functional communication skill and work ethics to collaborate with elsewhere in engineering, product, sales, and other Unity teams to drive successful releases
- People-first leadership skills
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: San Francisco, CA, USADate posted: 2021-12-11