Senior Developer Support Engineer
As a Senior Developer Support Engineer, you will be working with the biggest names in the gaming industry to drive success with Unity’s customers from our groundbreaking multiplayer product suite. You will be part of a distributed team of DSEs and will provide key point of escalation for everything that passes through the team.
In this role, you’ll be solving technically complex problems for customers with an exceptional eye for detail and a users-first troubleshooting mindset applied at all times. Using your advanced knowledge of cloud/hosting solutions and/or back-end game systems, you’ll be the difference between success and failure for some of the biggest titles hitting the market today. Whether directly solving issues hands-on, providing detailed proactive consultations and testing for customers or leading technical conversations with key stakeholders around the business to drive swift resolutions, you’ll always be making a positive impact on our customer’s success.
If you are experienced in working in a senior capacity within a fast-paced technical support environment with laser-focused attention to detail and a love of live operations, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing
- Receiving, troubleshooting, responding to and resolving technically complex issues for our customers and internal teams
- Frequently communicating with authority and clarity to both our users and internal counterparts
- Constantly and consistently looking for ways to improve our teams, processes and product. Using these skills to articulate and inspire change
- Mentoring and training other members of the DSE team to ensure we are constantly evolving as a team
- Responding to live customer issues and incidents working as part of an incident team solving critical problems
What we’re looking for
- Considerable experience with Linux and Windows server administration (including SSH/remote desktop/networking tracing tools etc.) and experience writing scripts for automation and issue resolution purposes
- Comfortable partaking in regular on-call rotation supporting our customers and internal teams
- Strong capabilities in prioritising multiple complex technical projects while meeting deadlines
- A track record debugging network and hardware issues remotely, working with external teams to tackle complex remote issues
- Excited to be picking up and working on brand new technologies and products on a regular basis
You might also have
- Experience working in the gaming industry, ideally backend systems for online games
- Experience coding in Golang and understanding of complex database structures
- Experience working with game engines, particularly the Unity editor
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Southampton, United KingdomDate posted: 2022-01-20