Senior Data Developer
Role descriptionThe Opportunity
Unity is seeking a Senior Data Developer to join a newly established Data development team. As a member of the Corporate Data and Analytics department, you will play a key role in helping Unity achieve its BI & data integration strategy. In this position, you will work across various business units to design, build and operationalize our data platform to deliver accessible data to power Corporate BI strategy. To be successful in this role, you are motivated by guiding principles founded on upholding high data standards across the organization. This is a phenomenal opportunity to help shape the future of building BI & Analytics pipelines at Unity. What are you waiting for? Come join a growing organization and our diverse team!
Inclusion at Unity is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity.What You'll Be Doing
- Quickly gain a deep understanding of the business and how data flows through the organization and through the data engineering codebase while playing an important role in building an efficient and scalable data and reporting layer for the organization.
- Design, architect and build the BI pipelines for BI & Analytics function and set up tools and processes for effective data management.
- Continuously improve our data infrastructure and stay ahead of technology.
- Work closely with product and various partners to understand business issues and recommend approaches to ensure business questions are accurately answered.
- Excellent SQL and data warehouse skills. At least 6-7 years of recent hands-on experience writing complex SQL queries on large data sets.
- Experience with database table design and building data pipelines (any on-prem or cloud based MPP database).
- Programming skills (Python or a similar language)
- High development standards, especially for code quality, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Ability to synthesize complex ideas and communicate them in very simple ways.
- Highly analytical and thorough.
- Ability to tackle and fix issues quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- BA/BS degree in quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Economics).
- Airflow or another scheduler
- Knowledge of BI development / dashboarding tools
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Vancouver, CanadaDate posted: 2022-01-20