Senior Data Architect
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
About SIE and Data Strategy & Operations (DSO)
With over 120 Million customers in 109 countries, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is committed to using data to understand The Players: our customers, better than anyone else. Using the amazing networked power of PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4 and our other PlayStation systems we learn how they use them for gaming, and also how they use the networked services like streamed games, music, video, and how they pay, and how we can improve their customer experience. We work with games developers, marketing, R&D, PlayStation®Store, and many other parts of Sony to constantly improve our customer experience and maximize our business potential!
The DSO team has grown rapidly over recent years in response to a growing need for the business to leverage data to advise and shape key decisions, and to identify new opportunities. Currently there are ~130 staff within the team, split between London and California. The team is made up of high quality business insights and data professionals covering the disciplines of product management, architecture, data engineering, data warehousing, cloud infrastructure/platforms, insights reporting, operations, service management, data science, machine learning, scrum masters and project management.
What you’ll be doing
Data Architecture: Manage the data architecture within DSO. Translate business requirements into conceptual, logical and physical data models. Apply existing logical and physical data modelling standards to new and existing physical data model designs. Lead architecting of overall data management approach - develop, maintain and enforce data architecture/modelling-related standards and solutions.
Integration Architecture: Ability to define logical data flows for your solution and identify integration patterns that will be used to integrate the data. Reusing an existing design pattern where applicable or define a new design pattern in collaboration with the engineering and arch team where necessary.
Architectural Artefacts: Deliver high quality architectural artefacts which clearly explain the solution and decisions behind it. Make sure that all artefacts are approachable and useable by the target stakeholders.
Architecture Governance: Drive the adoption of architecture standards, patterns and polices across the DSO department and other data groups within SIE.
Architecture Practice: Take an active role in contributing to the effectiveness of the architecture practice through developing improved ways of working. Collaborate with other practices across Sony to share best practice.
Collaborate: Build strong working relationships with architects and engineering teams across the Sony Interactive Entertainment, especially in the data domain.
What we are looking for
- Minimum 5 years of commercial Data Warehousing experience with at least 2 years data modelling experience.
- Proficiency in data management concepts, practices and procedures; as well as extensive knowledge of data integration, data quality, multi-dimensional design and ETL tools, processes and methodology.
- Experience of designing and implementing “Big Data” and Data Lake solutions
- Experience of corporate data governance and compliance including GDPR and data protection/privacy rules.
- Proven knowledge of the use of Agile methods and working closely with product managers and engineering/delivery teams ensuring the solution meets the requirements and is deliverable.
- Proven knowledge of architecture governance using principles, policies, views, viewpoints and building blocks.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Business Intelligence & Analytics industry and related best practices.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to different audiences from technologists to senior stakeholders
- Ability to build rapport and influence through collaborative leadership
DSO Technology Stack
High level summary of the key applications and platforms in DSO for information.
- Hosting – All our applications and platforms are hosted on AWS
- Data Integration – AbInitio (80%) & PySpark (EMR)
- Data Warehouse – Snowflake (SaaS)
- Reporting Platforms – MicroStrategy, Domo, Tableau
- Web Analytics & Telemetry – Adobe Analytics & AEP
- Data Science Platform – Jupyter Hub, Spark, EMR, Airflow
- Annual bonus opportunity
- London allowance
- 25 days holidays plus banks holidays pro rata to length of contract.
- Private medical insurance
- Free onsite gym
- Onsite bar open on Wednesday and Thursday evenings
- Generous staff discount across all Sony products
- Flexible working policy
- Plus, many more exciting benefits
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23