Senior Counsel, Privacy and Marketing Compliance
Unity is hiring a motivated counsel to join our legal team’s privacy group. This position is legal support for Unity’s Marketing operations department, leads on marketing/privacy compliance issues and review, and occasionally drafts contracts between Unity and partners. You are tech savvy, possess strong project and leadership skills, and comfortable working with people from all over the world. We are looking for a self-starter who thrives in a fast paced and collaborative environment and is passionate about problem solving and effecting change!
What you’ll be doing
- Advise business on compliance with global requirements for contests, sweepstakes, and survey marketing. Craft scalable compliance processes for global teams for laws applicable to marketing activities, including UDAP, GDPR, CCPA, TSR, and CAN-SPAM.
- Review and improve marketing compliance processes, including review of existing Digital Asset Management systems.
- Work with business team counsel by providing expertise on marketing review compliance and privacy. Act as primary business partner with the Marketing Operations Team on behalf of the Legal Team.
- Build and help maintain contract templates for use by the marketing organization and for use by business team counsels for marketing activities.
- Occasionally review, negotiate, draft, and execute a variety of vendor, procurement and facilities agreements including master services agreements, purchase agreements, license agreements, confidentiality agreements, data protection addendums, and other general business contracts.
What we’re looking for
- A working understanding of worldwide marketing and privacy regulations like GDPR, CCPA, TSR, UDAP and CAN-SPAM and understand how to implement marketing compliance programs. Experience building or advising on building global compliance programs Experience with regulatory agencies or litigation a plus.
- You are flexible, well organized, and able to work in fast-paced technology environment and on a global scale.
- The ability and desire to work independently and with little oversight.
- You demonstrate outstanding judgment and are comfortable, effective and persuasive in dealing with customers, partners, teammates, and senior management.
- Extensive experience with a law firm of good repute or in house in a role with related experience. A member in good standing with the bar in the jurisdiction in which you will practice.
You might also have
- You have the confidence and ability to collaborate with senior executives, clients and co-workers in a professional, conscientious, and positive manner.
- You see leading cross-functional projects and partnering with active business development, engineering, product, and marketing teams as a huge benefit of working in-house.
- You love learning and helping others learn - you want to create passionate legal ambassadors throughout the company.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: San Francisco, CA, USADate posted: 2022-01-20