Senior Compositing Pipeline Developer
Unity is looking for an experienced Compositing Pipeline Developer! This person will provide leadership to our compositing pipeline team, through specification, design, implementation and delivery of applications and tools
In this highly technical role, you will collaborate with technology departments, leads and supervisors in the compositing department as well as your team every day and be directly involved in the development and maintenance of software throughout Weta Digital’s world class 2d pipeline.
With the support of the Head of Department and Shots Project Manager, you will be responsible for the planning and development processes, technical architecture and quality standards, in addition to career development and mentoring of team members. You have experience in the development of VFX pipelines, an excellent ability to communicate effectively with both technical and creative crew and a demonstrated capability to drive technology forward in a production environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Architecting, designing and developing the compositing pipeline for 200+ compositors
- Contributing code to the comp pipeline and broader Weta technology stack and roadmap
- Running technical and pipeline support for those compositrs, pitching in as needed
- Working with artists, supervisors and HoDs to develop their technology requirements and roadmap
- Setting the direction and operations of a development and support team (in collaboration with department management)
What we’re looking for
- Proven experience creating innovative and robust production pipeline development and workflow solutions
- Extensive knowledge of Python, broader experience with other common VFX programming languages, such as C++
- Knowledge of and experience using Linux environment
- Experience with source control systems and CI/CD pipelines
- UI development & Qt experience
You might also have
- Large scale pipeline concepts - production databases, event-based automation etc.
- Experience with 3d VFX software. eg. Maya, Katana or Houdini
- Experience with Nuke hugely desirable
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: San Francisco, CA, USADate posted: 2022-01-20