Senior Communications Specialist- Founders Office
We're looking for a Senior Communications Specialist to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
The ideal candidate to run our Studio Comms and Culture initiative will be responsible for spotlighting moments to celebrate for the company, communicating studio changes and initiatives, assisting other departments with their internal studio communications. Ultimately building a team to be the conductors of the orchestra of content and communication.
Who you are:
- A flexible communicator able to tap into a variety of communication methodologies.
- Able to communicate with speed and joy. Making games should be fun, and you should be able to highlight that.
- A maestro/maestra of the written word.
- Someone who values culture highly, especially a culture of kindness, inclusion and humanity. You have looked at our studio and game values and are strongly aligned with them.
Some of your role:
- Manage a small team, to produce all aspects of “big ticket” internal company communication.
- Own company wide customs such as the weekly show and tell.
- Work directly with the COO and CEO to communicate studio changes, studio wide initiatives.
- Identify where messaging is required to quell ambiguity and spin up efforts to deliver said messages.
- Work Directly with the COO and CEO in regards to effective upwards reporting to key stakeholders.
- Working with various product owners , designs and game leads to communicate internally regarding “must know” information about the games development in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ownership of the corporate “brand” of Hypixel Studios. Including externally facing and internally facing company websites and resources.
- Working with workplace experience occasionally on larger company in-person and events as well as virtual offsites..
- Regular assessments and recommendations of how we are using our company communication tools.
- Conduct and create internal company surveys.
- Strong across all aspects of digital skills.
- Moderate knowledge of the Game Development Process
- Excellent communication skills, able to both morph your style to match the voice of each individual you are working with and craft your message in the appropriate way for the audience.
- Proven background either leading or managing a team.
- Proficiency in tools such as Photoshop, Premiere or any live or web broadcast software.
- A personal passion for games and staying on top of the latest trends in the industry
- Experience in navigating and being part of online “fandom” communities.
- A personal passion for open world, builder, or survival games
- Any agile project management experience
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23