Senior Commercialization Designer
Do you take pride in your ability to understand exactly what a player wants and deliver it to them in a clear, smooth, and reliable manner? Are you excited to take on new and diverse challenges in the commercialization space with internal and external partners?
Bungie is seeking a technical, analytical, and collaborative Systems Designer with commercialization expertise who is excited to guide our external development partners. This Senior Commercialization Designer is responsible for assisting with the conception, implementation, and refinement of Commercialization systems. You will work closely with Design and Product as part of a cross-functional team responsible for timely feedback and direction to our partners, while giving our partners enough freedom to meet the experiential needs of the players and markets.
An exceptional candidate is technically savvy, empathetic, and is excited about being part of a culture of collaboration where teams are stronger than heroes.
- Work closely with the Leadership team to create guidelines for a wide variety of commercialization systems aligned with the Destiny IP via partner teams
- Collaborate with partners & product to ensure accurate set-up and review of in-game offers
- Design modular features that can shared with partner teams to improve retention, acquisition, and monetization in ways that respect our players
- Model, and project in-game economies using multiple currencies, progression systems, sinks, and faucets
- Support the work of partner teams with a cross-discipline team to understand and build what's best for the game
- Update and provide guidance on itemization of Project Reward Taxonomy
- Experience working on a live game (“games as a service”) in mobile or AAA
- Familiarity with various game/platform monetization practices
- Experience working with external partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Social intelligence, great interpersonal skills, and empathy for creative teams
- Ability to creatively align with the team and then take initiative locally and externally
- Team player who seeks to build alignment and demonstrates strong feedback skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity, including giving and handling feedback despite that ambiguity
- Deep familiarity with Destiny and its online player communities is highly desired, as is experience with games as a service and MMOs
- Willingness to travel to China and host visits from partner teams on a regular cadence (likely every 2-3 months after restrictions are lifted)
- Chinese (Mandarin) language skills
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23