PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Come join the Character Team at PixelOpus. This full-time role reports to the studios Art Lead. You'll be the main point person for the studio's Rigging Pipeline where you're responsible for the creation of main character and animation tools.
- Work directly with relevant contributors and department heads in order to develop our runtime tools for the character pipeline in the Unreal Engine, and build Maya pipelines to support them.
- Work with the animation team to create artist-friendly rigs that satisfy animation and gameplay needs.
- Provide and maintain technical and standard process documentation.
- Function as main point of contact for overall Rigging Pipeline both internally as well as with external collaborating studios.
- Stay informed of new technical and technological developments in order to apply them to the project when relevant.
- Research and incorporate the latest runtime and offline rig setup techniques to deliver next-gen visual quality while maintaining performance budgets in engine
- Work with production, team and leads to plan work and assess scope.
- Support gameplay and cinematic animation content production from DCC apps into engine
- Mentor, support and give feedback to junior artists.
- Minimum 5 years of production experience in Game or Film/VFX field, with at least 1 shipped game title.
- Work Experience with Unreal engine.
- High proficiency in character Skinning, Physics, and Technical Workflow
- Extensive human, creature and mechanical vehicles and props rigging experience.
- Experience building or contributing to a joint and FACS based facial animation pipeline.
- Experience in creating production pipelines, establishing guidelines and system requirements.
- Python and Maya scripting proficiency including
- C++ experience (Maya API).
- Familiarity in runtime performance efficiency and optimization.
- Validated ability to be self-sufficient and be proactive in preventing/solving production issues.
- Proven ability to own tool design and development.
- Strong artistic skills and working knowledge of 3D art production.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with the development team.
- Familiarity with cloth dynamics setup in Unreal preferred
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, San Mateo, CA
Country: United States
Subscribe to all Animation jobs in United States
Create Profile and Get Noticed