Senior Build Systems Engineer
Are you passionate about enabling the success of others? Do you want to help shape and re-imagine how we work with technology in the future?
We are looking for a systems engineer to help us with maintaining and rebuilding Windows, macOS and Linux image CI/CD pipelines for our private cloud offering. You will be joining the team that supports our storage and compute platform. We have a unique internal product that enables our engineering teams to test on any platform! This includes devices that don't always belong in a datacenter but are critical to Unity. We need someone who is interested in and has experience of Opensource and Cloud Native technology along with modern technology principles. Our services provide a critical component to the developer experience within Unity.
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting Desktop OS Images for Windows, Mac & Linux to run on our platform.
- Collaborating with engineering teams to resolve issues and simplify their work.
- Maintaining, upgrading and improving systems and components to keep them up to date.
- Promoting improvements in our pipelines to make our teams and testing more efficient.
What we’re looking for
- Expert knowledge of Windows, we're supporting 7->11 for our clients!
- Authority in CI/CD tooling and SCM (we use Github, Gitlab and Plastic) for multi-OS environments.
- Installing and maintaining development tools such as Go, Python, Powershell, Perl and Visual Studio.
- Experience with using Packer and TDD for building infrastructure.
- Methodical and pragmatic problem solver.
You might also have
- Understanding of Linux and MacOS.
- Experience with Terraform, Containers, Ansible or other similar tools and platforms .
- Multi Cloud Experience in more than one provider. We use GCP and Openstack but you might have used OCP, AWS, Azure or others.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Slough, United KingdomDate posted: 2021-12-11