Senior Backend Developer (Tools)
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior Backend Developer (Tools) to join our in-house technology team and help drive our in-house tool development to help create high quality gaming experiences for the next generation of games.
As a Senior Backend Developer, you will be part of the Northlight tools team for our ambitions game projects. You will be in a key role designing, developing and delivering new tools and features to our content teams. In this role you will get to own multiple backend systems providing critical features for our artists and designers. Your main aspiration is to solve and optimize workflows for producing content to make great player experiences, and if needed, you feel comfortable in making integrations with our desktop tools too. The role can also be tailored to match with your skills and interests.
As a programmer, you participate eagerly in code reviews and take pride in writing clean, efficient, readable, portable, and reliable code. You have great communications skills and enjoy elaborating your technical solutions to colleagues in engineering, design, and art teams alike.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you bring to the role
- Demonstrated experience as a programmer ideally working with game engines and tools
- You have excellent C# skills and experience with SQL databases
- You have experience on scaling the solutions for high throughput
- Experience of building Web APIs
- You have the ability to collaborate and work with a range of disciplines from art to design
- Additionally, in this role it is beneficial if you have experience with ASP.Net Core Framework, Apache Kafka, GraphQL, Docker or Ansible
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (in English), github and other information relevant to the position.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-22