Senior Backend Developer, Digital Twin
Unity is expanding the success of the Reflect product line within the architecture, engineering, construction, and operations (AECO) industries! To help us accomplish this goal, we are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Developer to join our growing Vancouver or Calgary studios.
The Reflect product suite connects assorted data types and stakeholders to every phase of a project’s lifecycle in one immersive and collaborative real-time 3D platform. This real-time 3D platform creates a digital twin, which is a virtual representation of a physical site, asset, system, or process, capable of mimicking its real-world counterpart’s condition and behaviour. With this information digitized, users can make more informed decisions across an entire project's lifecycle from conceptualization to reality revolutionizing businesses in the AECO industries. For more information on Unity Reflect’s product offering, please visit here.
In terms of the day to day, you will be a creator playing a critical role in the development of a new product in a new market. More specifically, as part of a multifunctional team you will build key cloud services that allow users to integrate, visualize and collaborate on content in real-time across desktop, mobile, AR and VR platforms.
This team is growing and breaking ground on the next step for driving industry growth and adoption in Unity. We hope you're as excited about it as we are!
What you’ll be doing
- Research, develop, and deploy innovative technologies to deliver digital twin cloud services
- Take ownership of the development and maintenance of features, coordinating with the product design team, identifying technical roadblocks and proposing solutions
- Collaborate with the team lead and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain solutions based on the Unity Reflect Platform and its infrastructure
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code and infrastructure
- Observe and foster code quality standards and agile software development methodologies
What we’re looking for
- Experience building highly available and scalable distributed systems from the ground up
- Proficiency developing in C# and .NET
- A problem solver with a natural investigative ability to seek the best solution and grit to overcome architectural, algorithmic, and infrastructure challenges
- Capability of discovering and applying new technologies for creating novel and efficient cloud solutions
- A strong understanding of data integration and enterprise systems with the ability to discuss code design fluently and comprehensively
You might also have
- Experience with Semantic Web and Linked Data standards and technologies
- Experience with TSDBs and IoT development and infrastructure
- Experience with the Unity platform, data visualization applications, and/or Building Information Modeling (BIM) geometry, metadata, and materials
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Port Coquitlam, CanadaDate posted: 2022-01-20