Senior Audio Programmer
***Resumes must be submitted in English***
2K’s newest AAA development studio, 31st Union, is excited to launch its Spanish expansion!
We are a diverse group of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
We’re seeking a Senior Audio Programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to lead the effort to push the boundaries of cutting edge Audio. Research, design, implement, and debug audio tools and techniques to deliver an industry-leading audio experience.
- Lead the technical design of audio technologies for current and future projects
- Evaluate and optimize the interaction between audio system and other build and runtime systems
- Evaluate and optimize the export and build pipeline for audio content
- Evaluate and implement techniques to reduce work needed to author the audio environment
- Design and implement code that facilitates the interaction between our game engine and Audiokinetic’s Wwise audio middleware
- Consult with audio designers to identify bottlenecks and ways to improve their pipeline
- Optimize audio game subsystem by taking full advantage of target hardware and architecture
- Maintain documentation on audio system that’s understandable by engineers and designers
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Participate on development of low level systems like streaming, generic serialization, entity system and more
- 7+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects
- Experience developing for AAA games
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience developing for multi-platform software projects, including game consoles
- Expertise in C/C++
- Experience with Audiokinetic’s Wwise tools and libraries
- Strong 3D math skills and audio/DSP concepts
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
- Able to work and communicate in English
- Must be EU Citizen
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23