Senior Audio Designer
Volition is searching for a talented senior audio designer. The ideal candidate has a blend of technical and creative skills to drive innovation and improve audio quality.
- Create immersive experiences for our players through the use of sound, music, and voice.
- Collaborate across disciplines to identify and deliver on audio needs.
- Produce high quality audio assets across several categories (UI, Weapons, Ambience, etc.).
- Identify and help implement improvements to workflows, pipelines, and processes.
- Anticipate risks and provide contingency solutions and timelines.
- Ensure deliverables meet expectations for completeness, quality, balance, vision, and player emotion.
- Provide feedback on work to other members of the team.
- Share and represent the game’s audio vision within the team.
- Train and mentor other audio designers.
- Expert at industry standard DAWs.
- Proven ability to design and implement innovative audio systems.
- Experience in stereo, 5.1 and surround mixing.
- Able to deliver results under tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Strong understanding of how audio and gameplay work together to create fun, engaging experiences for the player.
- Open minded, with a knack for inspiring others and building consensus.
- Passion for games and ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Positive, professional attitude.
- Disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication, including the ability to give and receive feedback and direction.
- Proven microphone, field recording and editing technique.
- Experience developing for console and PC.
- Experience with proprietary engines and tools.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., Lua, Python, etc.).
- Background in studio recording and mixing.
Sample Work Required:
Please include a sample with your application. The sample work must include sound effects synced to video. If the video includes music, please provide a version with only sound effects.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and work samples to email@example.com with “Senior Audio Designer” in the subject line, or click on the “Apply for Job” button below. When you apply, in the body of your email please indicate your preference between working in our studio vs. working remotely. If it is your preference to work remotely, please also indicate which state in the U.S. you intend to work remotely from.
At Deep Silver Volition we believe in fostering an open, collaborative, and diverse environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or military status.
Location: Champaign, IL or RemoteDate posted: 2021-12-11