Free Range Games grows games the old fashioned way: we don’t put our team in cages, we work distributedly, and we don’t use toxic work/life trade-offs. Some of our crafters have worked together from PS1 to PS5 and will tell you about carving games one triangle at a time from punch cards.
We are some of the folk behind Spider-man, Tony Hawk, Lord of the Rings, Twitch Sings, Oddworld, Shrek Super Slam, and dozens of mobile and web games. We believe every member of the team has a voice in what the game should be.
We prioritize community, family, and love-of-gaming over process, crunching, and TPS reports. And maybe that’s what you want too.
Free Range Game is looking for a Senior Animator to join our veteran team of game makers. You will work closely with our Art, Design and Engineering leaders to create innovative gameplay, in-game cinematic experiences and epic moments for brand new, next generation console and PC games.
* Please include your portfolio/reel including a detailed breakdown of your work in each section
- Create game-ready assets utilizing both hand-keyed and motion capture animation data, on realistic human and stylized creature characters, for AAA-level interactive and cinematic sequences.
- Collaborate with designers, producers and art leaders to develop great ideas and create a plan to make them happen.
- Coordinate with gameplay engineers to integrate animations in game and iterate on them to hit fun and quality goals.
- Assist with mocap shoots, including direction, performing and building sets.
- Problem-solve anything happening with animation to help the team, no matter where in the pipeline.
- Awesome portfolio
- Expert at Maya
- Excellent hand key animation skills
- Experience with Unreal a plus
- Experience with modern character pipelines
- Experience with Mocap pipelines
- Passion to learn new tools and technologies
- Facial animation skills a plus
- Skinning, Rigging, Anim TD skills a plus
- Shipped a title on current generation hardware (PS4) or PC equivalent
- Five years of professional animation experience on AAA titles
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Free Range Games is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Free Range Games makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Free Range Games participates in E-Verify.
Location: US - RemoteDate posted: 2023-01-03