About ProbablyMonsters™ Incubation Team
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Our Incubation Team focuses on prototyping new ideas, new game concepts, new franchises, and the incubation of new studios with the ambitious vision to create genre defining games for the next generation of players. This is one of those unique opportunities that only happen once in a lifetime.
Our studio is looking for a Senior Animator who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to players around the globe. Using expert knowledge of your craft, and game development, you will join a character-focused action project in its incubation. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary group to design and implement gameplay animation on a highly stylized new IP in the early stages of development.
Who You Are:
- Unwavering in your commitment to creating a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Always striving for excellence and growth in your craft.
- You consider yourself a game developer and the prospect of collaborating with a multidisciplinary group to bring compelling characters to life excites you.
- You are a self-sufficient, motivated, and self-aware artist who is excited to breathe life into a diverse cast of world-class characters.
- You have experience and deep understanding of gameplay animation, systems, and workflows.
- You strive to understand animation’s impact on a project and push for ways to elevate that impact.
- You are proactive about evangelizing for your team to improve tools and workflows.
- You have a strong understanding of motion and visual design principals.
- You have developed a portfolio that demonstrates your ability to create high quality and entertaining character animation.
What You Will Do:
- Bring clarity, excitement, and drama to gameplay by designing and implementing compelling stylized character animation.
- Collaborate with Art and Design to create evocative animation that articulates gameplay and visually elevates a cast of unique and compelling characters.
- Contribute to the visual development of a stylized new IP.
- Collaborate to establish workflows and best practices for the animation discipline.
- You have a demonstrable understanding of weight, posing, and timing in hand-keyed animation.
- Your reel displays a strong command of body mechanics.
- You have experience working with motion capture data.
- You have shipped at least 1 AAA quality game as a gameplay animator.
- You have character animation experience.
Our commitment to you:
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.
Location:Date posted: 2022-10-24