Volition, creators of Saints Row, Red Faction, and Agents of Mayhem, is seeking an experienced and passionate Senior Animator to join their team on their next adventure.
Deep Silver Volition has created original, smash hit games for over 20 years, including the Saints Row series. The studio has prospered by making games no one else can make, focusing on work-life balance, and developing a culture of collaboration, continuous growth, and learning. Volition is located in the heart of Champaign, Illinois – the best kept secret in the Midwest. Champaign has all the activities, amenities, and diversity of much larger cities, but without the traffic and high cost of housing.
This is a remote-friendly position. We are open to considering candidates who would like to work from our Studio in Champaign, IL, and we are also open to considering candidates who desire to work remotely.
- Create and maintain animations using motion capture and keyframe animation for in-game biped motions
- Create and maintain keyframed facial animations
- Cleanup and altering of mocap animation to fit specific technical metrics and style
- Management and ownership of complex game side animation systems. Ownership includes cross discipline communication and support, seeing the system through to completion, driving its progress and success, and troubleshooting and problem solving through the entire development cycle
- Assist in organizing and directing motion capture shoots for needed gameplay animations
- Critique and review animation work with animators and other disciplines to reach gameplay goals
- Solid demonstrable understanding of the principals of animation
- Experience in animating realistic motion
- Experience editing and animating on top of motion capture data
- Experience with game animation implementation into engine
- Familiarity with node-based animation networks
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Problem solving skills in DCC apps and engine
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic understanding of Character Rigging and mesh weighting
- Game Industry Experience/Shipped title Experience
- Experience working with runtime IK systems, partial body, and/or additive animation a plus
- Experience with outsourcing asset production support
- Experience with procedural animation systems
- Strong acting skills
- Animation reel showing realistic key framed animations as well as motion capture work
- Resume with detailed work descriptions
- Cover letter
All samples must be accompanied by a description of each, with specific information on what you were responsible for, what tools were used, etc.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and samples to email@example.com with “Senior Animator” in the subject line, or click on the “Apply for Job” button below. When you apply, in the body of your email please indicate your preference between working in our studio vs. working remotely. If it is your preference to work remotely, please also indicate which state in the U.S. you intend to work remotely from.
At Deep Silver Volition we believe in fostering an open, collaborative and diverse environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or military status.
Location: Champaign, IL or RemoteDate posted: 2022-01-20