About the Team
The Art Team at Wildlife is growing. With an audience that numbers in the millions, our games have the power to impact countless lives. Our games connect people with interesting characters, vibrant worlds, and unforgettable experiences.
That's no small task, but we have a powerful secret weapon: our people. The Wildlife team is a collection of world-class talent, a team focused on synergy, collaboration, and growing strong together.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated and passionate Senior Animator who will create stunning visuals and shape the narrative of the game through their animations. She/He also possesses a strong balance of creative and technical skills, with additional expertise in animation pipeline development, including rigging development with other teams and direction using motion capture systems.
Our team of Animators are responsible for bringing characters, objects and environments to life in gameplay and cinematics for several projects in the company, where they find opportunities to move among diverse animation styles and animation challenges. The primary responsibility is to create immersive game experiences to achieve the best player experience possible, aligned with the game´s overall vision. They collaborate effectively with other teams, including art, design, and audio to identify and implement the animation needs of the game. They also work with other tech teams to establish and improve the animation pipeline, prepare efficient riggings and develop sessions of motion capture to create animations and speed up the process
Who you are:
- Craft Expertise: You have experience working with Unity and 3d softwares, giving life to characters, objects and environments. You are an animator with a solid technical mind, who understands the importance of a well established animation pipeline and is proactive to find opportunities for its improvement, and how an optimal rigging helps you to produce the best animations for your elements.
- Documentation: You are good in structuring and organizing content, also in documenting everything and making it very accessible for everyone. You are a great communicator of changes made, tools and processes.
- Team Player: You are a self-motivated team player who proactively seeks feedback and shares knowledge. You are good at interacting with a wide range of people, from very distinct backgrounds and specialities.
- Pipeline: You are always on top of the latest tools and techniques to help shape our pipelines in animation.
What you'll do:
- Craft: you will develop animations across several projects and different styles with a keen eye for quality while maintaining consistency across the entire project.
- Collaboration: You will work directly with the art director, other animators and game engineers on setting up the animation for games, creating animations (both keyframed and mocap based) and being the point of contact to ensure delivery of the animation direction on the project while being efficient, technically optimized and fun to play and watch.
- Pipeline: with a solid understanding of animation tools and techniques, you will actively contribute to the development of riggings and refinement of the animation pipeline. This includes providing direct feedback and collaborating closely with the Tech Art and Engineering teams to implement improvements.
- Problem Solving: As the first point of contact on animation matters, you will be responsible for translating ideas and feelings to movement and delight the players, ensuring that the animation in the game is of the highest quality and emotionally impactful. Aligned to the creative vision, your technical skills will guide and support the development of rigging systems and tools with the Tech Art team to optimize processes and animation pipelines.
- Adaptability: You’re skilled at dealing with moving between projects and will have flexibility to adapt to the moving between projects, animation styles, as well as competence to connect teams and tools to drive solutions to technical challenges.
What you'll need:
- Experience working as a Senior Animator in the games industry;
- Master the fundamentals of animation to craft game motions that range from stylized to realistic;
- Knowledge of motion capture direction, editing and clean up;
- Technical knowledge about pipeline development and animation trees;
- Experience working with Unity;
- Understanding of the technical constraints of mobile games;
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills in English;
- A resume and an online portfolio showcasing your work.
- You have experience with rigging, animation pipeline development and animation data;
- You have experience on asset implementation;
- You have experience with performance optimization;
- Experience with Xsens Motion Capture technology;
- A desire to grow into a leadership role.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
Please note that an art test may be required during the evaluation process.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Location: São Paulo
Subscribe to all Animation jobs in Brazil
Create Profile and Get Noticed