We are on the lookout for a talented Senior Animator to join our multinational art team to work across multiple projects. We’d love to have our team members bring their own creative vision and experience to everything they do.
As a Rovio Animator, you will have the opportunity to create top quality motion for our games. Flexibility is key for us since the tasks could range from working with characters to UI & gacha animations. You will have the chance to work on many different projects and prototypes that are made with art directions varying from stylized 3D to toony 2D.
- Create character- and environmental animations for various platforms with excellent visual storytelling
- Create animated assets and animatics as needed to plan and develop animations
- Work with different pipelines and be able to rig/skin/animate various 2D & 3D characters, props and UI elements in Maya + Unity
- Support producers in planning, scheduling and prioritizing animation related tasks
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- A portfolio showcasing high-quality & stylized animations
- Great knowledge of Maya & Unity
- Excellent skills in multitasking, organisation, communication, and team collaboration
- Open to providing and receiving feedback and enjoys working in a fast-paced, constantly iterating environment
- Fluent English skills
We'd love if you have some of these:
- 5+ years of experience working in games
- Experience with the technical side of being an animator (rig, skin, understand and use of different tools)
- Basic modelling & UV unwrapping skills
- Good drawing skills and overall visual design skillsInterested in F2P games and F2P game development
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your competencies, we would like to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: If deemed necessary, you will perform a short test so we can understand your qualities working within some set guidelines.
- Final meetings: You will meet other members from our wider team. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.
Rovio's Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon Angry Birds. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles with the Angry Birds brand as well as new original IPs. Our approach is to focus on highly accessible yet innovative cores paired with Rovio's light-hearted aesthetic. At the same time, we still aim to deliver a deep meta that can keep players engaged for decades. Our development is driven by our players as we push to become masters of our genre. We use data to provide insights into our players' needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
Our ambitious teams are full of passionate gamers who are eager to leave their mark.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.
What to expect when you join us
Meet the Rovians
Apply for this job
Date found: 2023-02-02
Subscribe to all Animation jobs in Sweden
Create Profile and Get Noticed