Senior Animator (Unannounced Project)
We are PUBG, the global battle royale phenomenon! After the release of our flagship title in 2017 we have become one of the highest selling games of all time with over 70 million copies sold – that’s a lot of Chicken Dinners! We are now incredibly excited to be recruiting for our new Unannounced Project.
We are headquartered in Seoul, South Korea and sit within the KRAFTON, Inc. corporation. From our Amsterdam office, we cover Europe, Middle East & Africa, and the CIS region, and have teams dedicated to Game Development, Product Management, Esports, Content, Communications, Creative, Merchandise, HR and more.
Our office is situated in the Amsterdam Arena area, a buzzing business hub in the southeastern part of the city. Accommodating some of the world’s largest and most exciting companies, the area also transforms at night into a popular social destination. Not far from our office, you’ll find iconic venues such as the Ziggo Dome, Heineken Music Hall and Johan Cruijff Arena – home of Ajax Football Club.
Our Amsterdam team reflects the city’s diverse look and feel. Being mainly expats, we currently represent more than 20 different nationalities – and we are still growing and adding to our team.
For our new Unannounced Project, we are looking for a Senior Animator to help breathe life into the diverse characters of our world. As part of the dedicated animation team, you will be expected to deliver stellar animation quality, both aesthetically and from a gameplay’s perspective. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape this project in close collaboration with the Animation Lead and Game Director.
Basic roles and responsibilities:
- You will create high quality hand keyed animation with a very strong foundation in realism.
- You will work with game design and our AI to help realize the vision set by the Creative, Art, and Animation direction on the project.
- You will help mentor junior animators
What we’re ideally looking for:
- Several years’ experience in game development animating characters using maya, additional experience in parallel industries such as VFX is a huge plus
- You are highly self-motivated and collaborative
- You have a willingness to share knowledge as well as a willingness to keep learning yourself
- You can communicate effectively with other artists, designers, engineers
- You are detail-oriented, and have a problem-solving ability
- You are able to handle feedback and are open to changes in direction
- You have a passion for playing and making games; an affinity for shooter games is a huge plus
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and or 5 is a huge plus
- Basic knowledge of scripting in maya (mel/python) is considered a plus
- Experience with Mocap/Motion Builder is considered a plus
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- An allowance to cover the Dutch mandatory health insurance
- 25 paid + 4 extra paid working days off a year
- Relocation package
- Pension scheme
- A commuter allowance
- A range of snacks & drinks
- Free gym facility in our office building
- Full assistance with visas and the 30% ruling applications when the candidate is eligible
If this sounds like a good fit for your skills and experience then apply right away!
Location: AmsterdamDate posted: 2023-01-03