Senior Animation Programmer
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Animation Programmer to support our game development team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
As Senior Animation Programmer, you will take ownership of critical animation components - maintain and improve them according to the needs of the game. You will play an important role in shaping the future of CRYENGINE’s Animation Pipeline. You will work closely with people from different departments such as Animation, AI and Sandbox to implement the tools and systems they need to realize the vision and quality of our Games.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples / private projects (GitHub)*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Join our animation technology team and work closely with game play teams across game projects.
- Maintain and extend existing animation components of CRYENGINE.
- Take active part in suggestion, prototyping, design & development of new features.
- Pitch your own ideas to improve CRYENGINE‘s animation system.
- Implementing well designed, robust, highly optimal new animation system features, integrating them into our existing animation, physics and AI systems.
- Independently research and develop improvements to continuously push our technology forward.
- Set development goals as part of a passionate team to shape the future of animation in games.
- Strong passion for VR and its potential as a new medium.
- 5+ years of professional game development or similar programming experience.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in creating animation technologies and integrating them for use in game development.
- Fluency in C++, strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with software profiling tools and performance optimization techniques.
- Experience with designing multi-threaded software architecture.
- Experience with cross platform engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Strong mathematical background.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Experience with console programming.
- Experience working on game asset pipelines and tools.
- Experience with Maya or similar DCC tools.
- Experience with motion capture systems.
- Passion for making games.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01