Senior Animation Programmer (Metaverse)
At Improbable, we believe that the next revolution in entertainment and society will come from massive virtual worlds. They will create new economies and opportunities globally, changing not just how we play, but how we work and relate to each other. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to build the next generation of technologies for online multi-user games and simulations.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfillment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
We believe that the Metaverse experiences of today are far from what players and participants deserve. We believe we can create a better looking virtual world, filled with people, novel experiences and meaningful interactions by leveraging our AAA game development experiences.
We have already started this journey by holding a ScavLab event with over 4,000 players crowding into a single map to battle, and a Meet and Greet with K-Pop star AleXa attended by over a thousand fans who all got on stage at the same time.
Areas for Impact
- Work with the animation team to produce high quality animation tools and systems.
- Have heavy involvement in the creation of software processes, pipelines, and discipline.
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the gameplay features within the game.
- Display a high degree of discipline in following the software engineering processes.
- Create high quality gameplay content within industry standard timelines.
- Ability to own a feature from receiving the design spec, through system design and implementation
- Display a high level of attention to detail
- Mentor more junior programmers.
We'd like to hear from you if you embody the following:
- Experts in an Animation Programmer skill-set (e.g.: Programming, debugging, debugging, maths etc…) with shipped products that show an end-to-end understanding of the process.
- Excellent understanding of common game technologies, processes and software development.
- Excellent understanding of common animation technologies and methods.
- Excellent in self-managing workloads through Jira or another tracking methodology.
- Excellent in identifying issues and proposing solutions that improve software development process or discipline.
- 3+ years experience in C++.
- 2+ years of experience in animation programming.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 (preferable).
- Able to create tutorials, guides, or other important documentation for more junior staff members.
- Able to mentor more junior members of the software team.
- Able to architect systems that consider the perspective of the wider team.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-22