JOB TITLE: Senior Animation Engineer
LOCATION: Prague or Brno, Czech Republic or Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Lead Software Engineer
We are looking for an inventive Senior Animation Engineer to join Hangar 13 team. We’re seeking an engineer who has a high bar for code quality and a passion for animation. In this role, you will own and continue the development of our key animation systems, you will extend and maintain the code of our animation technology, tools, and pipelines, working closely with the animators, character artists, designers, and programmers to help develop spectacular animation features for our games.
What You Will Do:
- Work within Unreal Engine 5 adapting existing systems and building new technology to fulfill the project’s technical needs and creativity.
- Prototyping and coding animation features
- Work closely and constructively with design, animation, and engineering teams to realize creative ambitions.
- Support planning efforts by estimating and dependency checking gameplay feature development.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Mentor other engineers in animation technology.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- 4+ years of programming experience in a creative environment
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles, ideally using Unreal or a comparable engine.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++, excellent linear algebra and 3D Maths skills, and strong familiarity with Object-Oriented (OO) design principles.
- Unreal Engine and Blueprint expertise
- Dedication to code quality and documentation, and ability to learn and master new technologies and code.
- Strong understanding of Animation Principles for game development
- Implementation experience in one or more of the following areas, Inverse Kinematics techniques, Ragdoll and physics-based character animation, Procedural animation techniques, Keyframe animation and forward kinematics, Motion matching, Machine learning driven animation techniques
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with engineers and team members from other teams
- Desire and demonstrated ability to mentor junior programmers and help with their growth.
Nice To Have:
- Hands-on experience developing for Unreal Engine, XBoxOne Series X and PS5
- Experience with Motion Matching techniques
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Country: Czech Republic
Subscribe to all Animation jobs in Czech Republic
Create Profile and Get Noticed