PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Diego, CA
The Security Analysts are all members of the Security Operations Center, which is responsible to provide 24x7/365 continuous monitoring and investigation of anomalous activity along with remediation and escalation in the event of an identified security threat. The SOC is the primary contact for any security incident and they work collaboratively with the Incident Response team on remediating threats to Sony Interactive Entertainment. The Analyst also takes part in providing feedback to assist in the creation and steady improvement of security content, policies, processes and overall security hygiene within SIE.
Responsibilities of the Security Analysts include but are not limited to:
- Initial responders to security event investigations and escalations
- Perform intrusion analysis using SIEM technology, packet captures, reports, data visualization, log analysis and pattern analysis.
- Detect, escalate, and assign required remediation efforts during security incidents.
- Clearly document and communicate evidence, interact with customers and stakeholders, and perform initial remediation efforts.
- Improve and challenge existing processes and procedures in a very agile and fast moving information security environment.
- Corporate communication monitoring (MS Teams, slack, etc)
- Maintains knowledge of information security policies and goals
- Keeps current on the current IT threat landscape and upcoming trends in security
- Other duties that are assigned
- Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent industry experience (5+ years)
- SANS GMON, GCIA or GCIH certification preferred, or relevant intrusion analysis experience
- 1+ year security analysis experience
- 1-2 years of IT or networking experience required
- Basic Linux/Unix OS and Windows knowledge
- Cloud knowledge
- Firewall rule and policy fundamentals
- Network routing fundamentals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with customers via the phone, email, other corporate communications methods
- Good independent problem-solving experience
- Ability to manage parallel tasks and accurately document resolutions
- Experience working with customers in a fast pace environment
- Quality and network security focused
- Knowledge of network packet analysis tools (tcpdump and/or wireshark)
- Basic troubleshooting
- Able to perform case management duties
- Industry recognized professional certification such as GMON, GCIA, GCIH, Security+
- Experience with cloud-based systems such as AWS
- Past experience with or current understanding of intelligence gathering processes and systems
- Direct experience with Malware and analysis techniques and methodologies
- Basic understanding of Scripting (e.g., PERL, Python, shell scripting)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Diego, CADate posted: 2021-12-11