Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As a Rigging Artist, you will work closely with a variety of departments, including R&D, Art, Modeling, Layout and Animation, to develop, implement, maintain and support character and prop deformation rigs for use in both Layout and Animation.
- Develop and maintain procedural rig components with a specific focus on deformation, using custom studio tools.
- Follow a brief to produce complex production ready rig deformations of a high standard.
- Work with Animators to aid with deformation rigs and/or a broad range of motion requirements.
- Support rigs as they move through the pipeline and aid with additional deformation fixes for character shots.
- Define animation controls and rigging systems to be used by other departments, such as Animation and Layout.
- Prototype, implement and refine body, facial and mechanical rigs.
- Troubleshoot and fix rig issues, collect artistic feedback and fine tune rig behavior.
- Work within the pipeline and rigging standards.
- Collaborates with other team members when necessary.
- Follows the Supervisor’s and Lead's guidance.
- Interact with production, Supervisors and the team to problem solve and share information related to tasks assigned.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in VFX or animation industries.
- 1+ years of experience in the animation industry is desirable.
- Full working knowledge of Maya and Maya rigging (full body/facial).
- Comfortable with the more technical aspects of character work, and have strong, critical visual and artistic skills.
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and typical character environments.
- Solid understanding of the principles of animation.
- Extensive knowledge of anatomy, kinematics, and physical behaviors.
- High English level desirable.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 2022-10-21