PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA or London, UK
The Partner Platform & Policy Strategy team is a valuable business partner to the broader Global Partner Development & Relations department, which serves our publisher and developer partners that make games, media services, and Esports for the PlayStation platform. Our mission is to support the mutual growth of SIE and partner businesses through evangelism of the PlayStation platform ecosystem and influencing Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) strategy and decision-making with pertinent, qualitative research about the partner landscape.
As Research Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the qualitative research and analysis needs of a partner engagement program that helps to educate and advise the global SIE organization of the needs and priorities of third-party partners that publish or develop their games on PlayStation.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key partners across the global organization - including core business, technical, and product planning functions, as well as leadership - to provide a consistent and reliable means of securing, processing and analyzing partner feedback.
- Work closely with the Program Manager on partner feedback project planning, tracking feedback notes, prioritizing and analyzing qualitative feedback, and providing clear project findings.
- Guide and handle processes for prioritizing and consolidating partner feedback, to be used across the SIE business to support third party partner needs.
- Assist with definition of key themes, important metrics & OKRs derived from program outputs and intended to guide PlayStation platform and service development.
- Collating and supporting the creation of key program results - feedback trackers, reports, presentations, etc. to detail program findings either to internal or external partners and delivered at a regular cadence best suited to partner and internal timelines.
- Work across the team, applying partner feedback outputs in support of third-party partner advocacy, business planning & strategy, and PlayStation product & services planning.
- Collaborate with the Manager, Partner Strategy to incorporate qualitative insights into broader strategy reports and analysis to resolve areas of concern or opportunity for leadership.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience working in audience research, data analysis, or insights management.
- Experience working with qualitative research methodologies from design to results reporting, incl. discussion guide development and moderation.
- Experience leading global projects across cross-functional collaborators (product teams, account management, policy).
- Experience running multiple projects at the same time and working with cross-functional partners.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree with emphasis in qualitative research (e.g. Behavioral Economics, Psychology, Social Sciences, etc.)
- Experience working with business-to-business (B2B) audiences and/or knowledge of the gaming industry · (awareness of industry trends, challenges, and business models such as Games as a Service, or Free to Play hugely beneficial).
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23