Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As a Render TD, you will be providing technical rendering support to the assigned department, identifying rendering inefficiencies, and improving computation performance on scenes, working closely with the Department Leads and Render Wrangling.
- Help optimize renders to ensure fast turnaround and reasonable render times and memory footprint.
- Serve as a point of contact for the Render Wranglers and the Department participating in render farm processes and procedures.
- Develops scripts or tools and creates reports to simplify/streamline the workflow and improve computation performance.
- Will comply with the coding practices defined by the TD department.
- May be required to generate extra render passes.
- Interface with other departments, production, TDs, and Studio Tech to address technical issues in scenes or assets.
- Documents and educates the team on best practices for rendering optimization.
- Over 4 years of professional experience in VFX or animation industries.
- At least 3 years of experience in the animation industry.
- Look development experience is desired.
- Strong experience working with Path tracing renderers, Arnold is a big plus.
- A strong eye coupled with a strong sense of technical cost, guiding sequences towards the right solution for a problem.
- A helpful, customer-service attitude coupled with a love of the thrill of the hunt in debugging complicated pipeline issues.
- Strong knowledge of computer graphics and animation production.
- Python scripting or programming in C, C++, Python, or similar languages, shader writing a big plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required for communicating with the team, management, and other departments.
- High English level desirable.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01