Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
Manage, with our Rendering Pipeline Group, studio rendering resources on behalf of the show.
- First line of defense when rendering issues arise
- Leads a group of Rendering TDs with the goal of devising rendering optimization opportunities across the asset and shots departments.
- Triage rendering software issues with Supervising TD, vendors and pipeline group.
- Creates, maintains and reviews rendering software bug list for the show with Supervising TD and pipeline group.
- Profiles and catalog rendering data from Assets, and Shots Departments.
- Estimate and project farm usage.
- Produces reports for production and executive group.
- Help define render sampling strategy for the show.
- Help define and implement denoising strategy for the show.
- Runs and operates sweatbox reviews to ensure inventory readiness for downstream departments.
- Final Q/C and delivery to Post.
- Partners with the compositing team to triage rendering issues that occur during final Q/C
- Professional Experience:
- Over 10 years or more of professional experience in VFX or animation industries
- At least 6 years of experience as Supervisor in the animation, VFX or gaming industry
- Strong knowledge of Houdini
- Deep understanding of the film production process and state of the art Animation and VFX processes
- Comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of animation principles, computer graphics algorithms and techniques, rendering, compositing, etc.
- Up to date with latest trends in Animation Production
- Knowledge of render engines ARNOLD, RENDERMAN, or other commercial renderers
- Language Qualifications:
- Advanced English level
- Soft Skills:
- Demonstrate excellent creative and technical communication skills.
- Ability to delegate to keep the production process efficient and streamlined
- Lead by example, motivate and navigate the team through the challenges of a show
- Ability to work in an ever changing and highly paced environment
- Set an optimistic tone on the show to promote communication and teamwork
- Designs and manages mechanisms that foster a collaborative approach across departments
- Makes himself/herself visible to staff by listening to them and by communicating at all levels
- Sense of humor required.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01