PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Bend Studio, creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA title.
We are seeking a QA Analyst who will contribute to the development of a AAA product with a specialized focus on testing techniques that will help ensure a high level of quality throughout the project. This is a contract role.
- Carrying out and following pre-integration build verification and reporting system/processes.
- Carrying out Grey/White box testing on appropriate features/tools.
- Analyzing features sets and identify opportunities for automation, along with benefits, and communicating to the engineers.
- Testing case regression, verification, and ad hoc of newly implemented features.
- Ability to manage full life cycle of defects, from research to tracking to closing.
- Knowledge of individual systems in play within the game engine.
- Qualitative feedback on features with issues of usability.
- Comfort using debugging tools.
- Collaborate daily with members of Production and Development.
- Must be proactive, flexible, and able to adapt QA process to the critical needs of the development team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong observational skills. Analytical, organized, and detail oriented.
- Ability to work well in a group setting with people of different disciplines.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency with PC and current Windows operating systems.
- Active listener with both peers and partners, can drive conversations, and encourages team participation.
- Immediately recognizes critical issues or testing deficiencies and raises concerns to Senior QA members/development team.
- Must work in the office in Bend, OR.
- Previous games industry experience.
- Experience with JIRA or similar defect tracking and task management databases.
- Experience working in an agile team environment.
- Knowledge of basic programming concepts.
- Experienced with Grey/White box testing in development environments.
- Strong understanding of existing Quality Assurance processes. Knows how to effectively apply to the assigned project.
- Awareness of existing tools & technology and ability to utilize with a high degree of ownership.
- 1+ Years of QA testing experience
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23