Project Manager, Outsourcing
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Project Management team at Insomniac Games is growing. If organization is your skill – then we would like to hear from you! Insomniac Games is looking for a Project Manager for our Outsourcing function. This role would be responsible for ensuring Insomniac ships titles on time, within budget, and at the highest level of excellence through planning, problem solving, and decision making. This PM creates, modifies, and enforces assigned content schedules for our outsourcing group. Our OS PM works with team members to achieve project milestones, solve production problems, and maintain studio momentum. A key factor for this role is to anticipate and solve problems independently and collaboratively. One will collaborate with Project Managers and project leads by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Drives production structure, process, and efficiency for outsourced content in game development
- Is familiar and knowledge of art tools and best practices for all art departments including but not limited to Character, Environment, VFX, Lighting, Vehicles, Animation and Facial Animation pipelines
- Anticipates and proactively solves problems both independently and collaboratively, including resource and technology conflicts
- Creates, modifies, and maintains schedules in partnership with outsourcing Leads. This includes:
- Establishes and tracks status of milestone goals
- Develops strategy to ensure all deadlines are met in relation to project objectives and scope
- Maintains a constant awareness of game content status and quality levels through regular play sessions
- Anticipates scheduling overruns through effective analysis and presentation of measurable data. Initiates action to resolve scheduling issues and collaborates on workable solutions
- Proactively ensures project updates and changes are communicated to the development team and vendors
- Unblocks team members from dependencies of scheduled tasks and facilitates communication between team members
- Assists Senior Project Managers and Project Director in the creation of milestone deliverable documentation, collaborating with Leads to coordinate priorities
- Contributes to the implementation of new or refined production methods as well as training and documentation specific to outsourcing
- Develops collaborative relationships across all peers, departments, and vendors
- Regularly achieves and demonstrates Insomniac’s cultural leadership values
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Five plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Participation as an Associate Project Manager in the completion of one full game cycle is preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of outsourcing tracking database(s) is required- ShotGrid, Jira or other industry standard
- Working knowledge of version control software- Perforce is preferred
If this is the opportunity that you have been looking for- we want to hear from you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23