Principal Software Engineer
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our growing Business Systems Engineering (BSE) team. Do you want to play a critical role in development of sophisticated and efficient product development services that are the backbone of creative-production for Magic: The Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, and Duel Masters IP? If so, delve into the dungeon to see what awaits your next adventure!
You must love solving unique problems where off-the-shelf solutions aren't options. With proven experience in cloud native technologies, you're responsible for architectural design and implementation. And while working side-by-side other BSE engineers, you'll take advantage of mentoring and leadership opportunities.
What You'll Do:
- Immerse yourself in the problem-space to fully understand challenges and opportunities.
- Be responsible for translating business, technical, and functional requirements into solution-proposals while taking into account associated effort, costs, risks, schedule, tradeoffs, and resource constraints.
- Lead innovative solution-space brainstorming sessions with engineers.
- Be accountable for selecting appropriate technologies and engineering frameworks that align with business and/or IT direction.
- Produce prototypes to prove feasibility, then work side-by-side with engineers to develop the solutions.
What You'll Bring:
- Preferred Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology; or comparable work experience.
- Extensive experience in designing and developing cloud-native application architectures by using AWS, containerization, orchestration, IaC, CI/CD, etc.
- In-depth understanding of CS theory, fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Demonstrated development experience in HTML, CSS, Svelte, React, Angular, CI/CD, AWS, Docker, SQL, NoSQL, RESTful APIs, GraphQL, Node.js, K8s, Scrum and Kanban frameworks.
- An established portfolio exhibiting a high standard of craft that underscores scalability, interoperability, usability, security, performance, and stability.
- Familiar with Product Lifecyle Management (PLM), Digital Asset Management (DAM), and Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Outstanding communicator and standout colleague who effectively contributes to engineering discussions with technical and non-technical teams and individuals.
- Good foundational knowledge of Wizards products a plus, especially with Magic: The Gathering.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Location: Renton, WADate posted: 2021-12-11