Principal Product Manager - Unannounced Project
Bungie is seeking a Principal Product Manager to join the leadership team on an exciting, unannounced project. As part of this cross-functional team, you’ll collaborate closely with and guide partners to successful content creation in the Destiny universe. You’ll work closely with the project team, Publishing team, and our external partners to drive acquisition, retention, and monetization strategies that enable success of the product and brand.
Reporting to the Product Management team, and accountable to the Executive Producer.
- Define Key Performance Indicators and strategies to ensure the project meets its performance goals
- Collaborate with partners to improve and optimize player retention and monetization by driving product and game features
- Provide detailed feedback on design documents with a deep understanding of player experience and business impacts
- Identify opportunities for growth, influence key stakeholders and work with partners to drive initiatives to a successful outcome
- Build out the revenue side of the financial model, working with leadership, demand planning, and finance
- Work collaboratively as part of the Project Leadership Team, creating a lasting culture of shared learning and experimentation
- Leverage analytics and quantitative analysis to inform feature development and product optimization, through close partner collaboration
- Business acumen with strategic and analytical capabilities, using data to inform strategic and business decisions
- Experience managing live games (“games as a service”)
- Experience building out and modifying complex financial and economic models
- Strong communication, collaboration, and presentation skills to partner with multiple teams including marketing, game development, and team leadership
- Passion for games and ability to understand and deconstruct what makes a successful live game
- Ability to work effectively across languages, locations, and cultures
- Willingness to shift core hours later as necessary to accommodate meetings with partner studios (typically 5-8 pm)
- Deep familiarity with Destiny and its online player communities is highly desired, as is experience with games as a service and MMOs
- Experience working with external partners
- Willingness to travel to China and host visits from partner teams on a regular cadence (likely every 2-3 months after restrictions are lifted)
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23