Principal Growth Strategy Manager
The Bungie Publishing team is searching for a Principal Growth Marketing Strategy Manager to lay the groundwork for a digital advertising platform driving Bungie’s player growth and retention.
In this role, you are responsible for developing a Growth Marketing strategy – messaging and engaging with millions of players through paid media. This position is highly cross functional – interfacing with the Bungie Digital Advertising, Marketing, Production, Community, Analytics and International teams. Alongside internal and external partners, you will orchestrate the global growth strategy for Destiny 2 – integrating publishing go-to-market initiatives into digital advertising plans.
Gone are the days of single platform acquisition and measurement. In this role, you will leverage sophisticated analytics and breakthrough creatives; designing innovating media plans - ensuring the right audiences are met with a compelling value proposition. Your work will be critical to shaping Bungie’s go-to-market paid media strategy and platform for years to come.
- Create a global paid media strategy for Digital Advertising – defining business objectives, channel mix, audience targeting, budget, and messaging requirements.
- In collaboration with the global Marketing and Communication teams – incorporate franchise 360 marketing plans into paid media strategy – amplifying messaging and engagement among core and prospective players.
- Partnering with external partners and agencies, managing custom content development for digital advertising use.
- Monitor and report on campaign performance – providing optimization guidance towards target KPI.
- Support testing new traffic sources, products, creative concepts, and targeting ideas under a measured framework.
- Ensures that area and project leadership are aligned on global advertising strategy during global campaign launches.
- 6+ years media planning experience from an agency or similar.
- A track record of successfully managing a seven-figure monthly digital advertising budget above target KPI.
- Thorough knowledge of digital advertising planning and optimizing the advertising user journey.
- Experience managing & collaborating with a team of professionals or multiple agencies – delivering high-quality results.
- Creative problem-solving acumen with the analytical rigor to confirm or invalidate assumptions.
- Ability to work autonomously or collaboratively - handling ambiguity with quickly evolving business goals.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Deep familiarity with the Destiny franchise and its online player communities.
- Experience with enterprise scale live operations, games as a service, MMO, and mobile and companion experiences.
- Passion for video games
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23