Platform Engineer (DevOps, AWS)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Platform Engineer (DevOps, AWS)
Sony Interactive Entertainment Future Technology Group (FTG)
At PlayStation, we’re leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what’s possible! Would you like to use your skills, time, and passion for meaningful projects that are building the future? We’re looking for a Platform Engineer with proven experience in modern software delivery and loves crafting efficient, flexible and low friction workflows to build, release and deliver software. If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us deliver a unique gaming experience to millions of players!
- Onboarding and integration of services onto hybrid cloud.
- Development of hybrid cloud strategy and design.
- Onboarding and Integration of services onto Kubernetes platform.
- Collaborating closely with the Build Platform Team and the Release Engineering Team on release process and automation.
- Identifying and diagnosing issues in deployments together with software development teams
- 3-5 years of experience with creating, implementing and executing Software Development Processes.
- Proven knowledge in working with Private Cloud and Public Cloud Environments (ideally AWS).
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to support engineers with solving problems in their build, test and release pipelines
- Experience with Kubernetes and Cloud Native Infrastructure
- Experience with Private Cloud and Public Cloud Environments (ideally AWS)
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer-First Thinking
- Experience with GitLab and its CI runners
- Experience with collaboration in a distributed team across multiple time zones
- High energy and driven to positively impact the business.
- Being a Contributor to Open-Source Software is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: Austin, TXDate posted: 2021-12-11