At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
The Network Engineer works on Wizards of the Coast enterprise network that incorporates datacenters and corporate offices. They will collaborate with other engineering teams during system design, development and implementation phases providing advice, interpretation and design principles. The role requires focus on the technical and architecture design and implementing quality of solutions. In this role you will research, evaluate and implement emergent technologies, automation tools and utilities!
What you'll do:
- Provide operational support for the network infrastructure focusing on identify and resolving problems ideally before they impact services.
- Proposes, recommends and implements improvements in terms of technology, services/products/options, or policies and procedures; Proposes alternative methods for improving performance and/or reliability of the existing enterprise network infrastructure.
- Maintain an understanding of emerging architecture concepts and associated technology trends including the next generation datacenter network infrastructure.
- Provide network design mentorship, research technical issues; Conduct proof-of-concept exercises to validate concepts and assumptions.
What you'll bring:
- 6+ years of network engineering experience including knowledge of Cisco switches and routers; specifically, with ASR, Nexus and Catalyst switches.
- 6+ years’ experience with various vendors switches, routers, load balancers and security devices.
- Knowledge of Internet routing protocol; BGP and OSPF.
- Experience traffic engineering using BGP and SDWAN.
- Experience with Load balancing solutions.
- Experience with Checkpoint, Fortinet, Palo Alto, or other firewalls.
- Knowledge of products like: ExtraHop, Gigamon, and OpenNMS
- Experience with SNMP collection or similar collection (MRTG, Cacti, Graphite, etc)
- Experience with cloud-based solutions such as CloudWatch, Applications Insights, and Sumologic.
- Experience supporting DNS, DHCP, and IMS.
- Understanding Linux operating systems and scripting languages (Ruby, Python, PowerShell, Perl)
- Communicate across a spectrum of Business, Creative, and Technology teams.
- Demonstrate analytical problem-solving skills with a disciplined approach to problem resolution across large scale distributed platforms.
- Ability to work with deadline constraints, independently and as a team with diverse groups of people.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Location: Renton, WADate posted: 2021-12-11