Motion Graphics Artist Intern - Teamfight Tactics
As a Motion Graphics Artist at Riot, you'll take the player experience to the next level by creating high-quality motion graphics for our gameplay and systems. Your technical skill for motion and compositing will breathe life into the game, transforming static scenes into powerful moments for players. You will collaborate with other artists and designers to establish how assets and UI elements will respond, transition, and increase player immersion.
Motion Graphics artists on Teamfight Tactics are responsible for bringing the game’s UI to life. We work closely with other disciplines to enhance the player’s experience with things like in-game HUD, ceremonies, battlepass, and more. You will contribute to the game’s development by working with familiar animation tools like After Effects, and new tools like Riot’s proprietary League game engine.
- Work closely with the Visual Design lead and UI team to support in and out of game features
- Be a champion of the TFT x League of Legends motion graphics style
- Use proprietary tools to create animations for TFT
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Los Angeles Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Animation experience in After Effects with plugins like Trapcode, Element, and DUIK
- Experienced with Photoshop
- Familiarity with 3D software (Blender, C4D, Maya)
- Comfortable working in game engines like Unity or Unreal
- Experience with VFX authoring tools
- Experience with Lottie (After Effects)
- Familiarity with Figma
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close January 6th 12:00pm PT
(Los Angeles, CA only) Hourly range between $33.51 USD - $35.48 USD
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Location: Los Angeles, USAJob Id: 5123Date posted: 2023-01-04