Cloud Imperium Games in Austin is looking for a talented Microservices Engineer to join our team.
The Microservices Engineer will work on backend infrastructure services to assist with our release, development, and analytics pipelines. As a Microservices engineer working on backend infrastructure services you should have a solid knowledge in domain driven design, microservices, event sourcing, containerization, and orchestration.
They should also have experience with working in on premises and cloud environments.
- Develop and maintain scalable microservices which developers will use to interact with and understand the release pipeline.
- Work closely with Lead and Mid-level engineers on managing deployments and maintaining test specs
- Help monitor and track performance and reliability of our services
- Monitor production environment and debug/maintain as needed.
- Document systems and processes
- And other such duties and responsibilities as assigned by Cloud Imperium that is reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience
- Capable communicator and ability to operate on a team
- Good understanding of UNIX, Linux and Windows platforms
- International travel may be required as a part of this role
- Shell scripting (*nix and Windows)
- Minimal understanding of C++ and C# for debugging purposes.
- Perforce and Gitlab
- Akka, Play, Lagom Frameworks (Lightbend Platform)
- Continuous integration products such as Jenkins and BuildBot
- Google Compute Engine, Amazon Web Services and other cloud providers
- Databases (Mongo, SQL, Redis, Cassandra)
This position is offered at our Austin Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Texas.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent, and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
Covid-19 Hiring Update
During the pandemic we transitioned to a temporary work-from-home model. We are now working through a gradual return to office plan as improvements of the COVID-19 situation will allow. We’re continuing to interview and hire during this time and while Cloud Imperium is overall an in-office operating company, some roles will start out remotely and others will be in-office from day one of employment. As a general policy, we have a Flexitime policy arrangement that allows for some remote working if and when it meets the needs of the role and the company. The details can be discussed during the interview stage. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you. Also, we follow mask requirements as they keep being updated per local regulations when in studio and we're also requiring full vaccination in order to work in studio.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
Location: AustinDate posted: 2021-12-11