Merchandising Manager, Licensed and Third Party Products
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Merchandising Manager, Licensed and Third Party Products
San Mateo, CA
Merchandising Manager will build and lead PlayStation Direct's 3rd party category to complement our first party assortment, deepen our relationship with our Players and drive profitable growth for PlayStation Direct. In this role you will work collaboratively with our Product Marketing and Licensing team, Supply Chain, Hardware engineering and others to identify, source, test and launch compelling new and exclusive assortments that will drive engagement and re-engagement with PlayStation Direct.
What you'll be doing:
- Product & Assortment Strategy: Build a compelling assortment strategy of licensed and 3rd party products that will excite our fans and enrich the gaming experience. In addition, working with Global 3rd party Peripheral and Accessory Licensing you will cultivate, build and maintain new vendor alliances and market relationships to ensure innovative and complementary quality products that support the brand. Complete profitability assessment for all new product lines.
- Demand Planning: Build accurate demand forecasts for third party categories and share with operations and finance on an ongoing basis to ensure supply chain capacity. Build a collaborative relationship with the Commercial Planning organization to ensure category opportunities are fully understood by the wider business and commercial opportunities are optimized.
- Pricing & Promotions: Identify promotional opportunities for your categories via analysis and insights and develop go-to-market plans in partnership with Marketing.
- Inventory Management: Develop new and robust capabilities and processes for sku level forecasting and inventory management . Achieve sales and profit goals while also meeting inventory management goals. Actively balance weeks on hand and met demand (out of stock) rates.
- Operations: Develop global business processes & procedures for launching and managing third party products.
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years of merchandising and product development experience, preferably for a retailer of consumer electronics, video games, etc.
- Vendor and/or partnership management experience
- Proven track record in growing a successful ecommerce business with experience in both strategy development and operational execution
- Able to develop relationships and collaborate at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to present effectively to senior management
- Entrepreneurial, with high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources
- Extensive track record of using data to influence and inform decisions
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Flexibility in working hours to support global business operations
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally required
- Project management and process improvement experience a plus
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Mateo, CADate posted: 2021-12-16